Tuesday 19 March 2013

Disappointing Products #1

I know some people hate negative posts, but personally I love them. I rely on bloggers to give me their honest thoughts on a product and if I'm only ever shown a one sided view I'm never going to be able to get a true picture of a it. So here is a small collection of products which disappointed me, Some of them are loved my many bloggers so I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post.

The first product I want to mention is Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation which isn't pictured since I gave it away after about one use. This had so many rave reviews, so like most hyped up products I was excited to try it - and like most hyped up products it disappointed me. I just found it orange and cakey,which is not something I look for in a foundation. Next is this Japonesque powder brush which you'd expect to be great considering it retails for nearly £30, but I just didn't see anything special about it and prefer my EcoTools one that retails for a third of the price. 
Hyped lip products seem to let me down a lot, Firstly I wanted to talk about Revlon's famous lip butters, the shade pictured (Peach Parfait) I actually don't mind but I found others too drying and gave them away. Secondly, I have Rimmel's Apocalips which I don't think are bad products - I just don't really think they deserve the hype they have (I did a more indepth post which I've linked if you're interested to save me ranting again here!) 
Lastly I have two eye products, While I loved Maybelline the Falsies Black Drama mascara on my lashes the amount of smudging it caused and the mess it made every time I tried to apply just wasnt worth the fuss. I also was disappointed with MUA's newest palette Undress me too which just wasn't up to the standard of every other palette in the line, again as with all these products I've linked a full review. 

Which products have left you disappointed

21 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I haven't tried the Apocalips yet but sadly I have a feeling that I might not love them. They're really glossy and I don't like lip gloss. Plus I've read that they smear easily and I'm all about a no fuss lip color. I've never bee too impressed with Japonesque because I think there are brushes that are softer or just as nice for a fraction of the price xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you could always blot them so they automatically go to stain form, But I think that kind of kills the idea of them. I find whenever I wear them I do worry about how they look - I'm the same as you I just love something I can throw on and not have to think about xx

      Delete
  2. Shame that you don't like the lip butters! I really wanted to try them :(

    mixed-hair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy when these finally made there way over to the UK - But I own lipsticks less drying than them! xx

      Delete
  3. I love posts like these! I've actually been watching them on youtube today as well! I love Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation over the summer when I had a tan (the palest fit me then), but now I'm my natural pale complexion the palest looks orange on me! I'm hoping it works again in the summer. I love Revlon lip butters myself, although I do prefer Gumdrop and Creamsicle which are two of the US colours. I love Apocalips too, but I think that's more down to he colours and the fact I can have them look like a stain or really build them up.
    I've never been the fondest of Maybelline Mascaras, I much prefer what Max Factor has out.
    Natalie Roseanne's Nails and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish Rimmel did Wake me up in a bigger shade range as the lightest one is too orange for so many people! I think the US have the better shades lip butter wise, But I hear we're getting more soon - Perhaps Ill have to give them another go! To be honest I'm not a huge fan of the Apocalips shade range, I was happy with the three I got, I just expected more from them as there was so much hype! Max Factor does amazing mascaras - saying that I havent owned one in a while - May need to change that xx

      Delete
  4. I don't see nearly enough negative posts about products which is worrying! Always great to get some honesty!
    I personally loved the falsies mascara though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think the negative reviews are just as important as the positive, If not more so! I did like it in that it looked amazing on, Ive just never had a problem with mascara smudging under my eyes and this seemed to do that everyday xx

      Delete
  5. I love the original Undressed palette but I just haven't been excited about this one, so haven't bought it. I haven't bought any Apocalips either. I think I'll wait til they're on offer or something xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Undress me too is nothing compared to it! I got them on 3 for 2 when they first came out xx

      Delete
  6. I really love these posts! I keep meaning to do a post like this but I'm always too quick to give away products i don't like so i never get the chance haha
    xxx

    The Beauty Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to try and save them up before giving them away in the future :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love these posts and I agree with you about the Apocalips and the Undress me too palette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one - I just expected so much more from them xx

      Delete
  8. Omg!!! Are you really serious?? I want to get almost everything in the pic above :/ Im double minded now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just my opinion, others seem to love many of them so I wouldn't be completely put off xx

      Delete
  9. I like negative reviews as much as positive, it's good to know about the products that aren't as good as well as the awesome ones. And it's nice to get a decent balance in reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish there were more negative reviews out there xx

      Delete
  10. Totally agree about the Rimmel foundation. It just made my pale skin orange, even with the lightest shade! And it didn't really cover my spots well at all. :( Glad I only got a sample sachet of it,though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't understand the hype surrounding it especially with such a limited colour range xx

      Delete
  11. I agree completely on the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation!! AWFUL.. it smelt horrid too :( xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete