Thursday 27 June 2013

Coconut & Shea Butter Body Butter

I love body butters, but often I find myself splashing out £13 on ones from The Body Shop to get a good quality product, which doesn't work out too cheap when you go through them as fast as I do. So when I saw this one on offer in Superdrug for just £1.84 I figured I'd pop it in my basket in the hope that my search for a great bargain body butter had come to an end. I can’t help but compare this to The Body Shops Coconut Body Butter, and as a whole I find myself gravitating towards there version more purely because of texture - although not quite enough to spend £13 on that as opposed to under £4 on this at full price. I find that Superdrug’s Coconut & Shea body Butters thick formula sinks in quickly to my skin leaving it feeling moisturised as opposed to greasy. I’m a huge lover of the coconut scent so this is something which really appeals to me although if this isn’t to your taste I spotted online that they have a good range of scents including; Cranbrerry & Pimegante, mango & Papaya and Cocoa Butter. I also spotted that this body butter comes in a handy 50ml size which would be great if you just wanted to try it out, or even have a backup in your handbag!
Overall I feel this product is amazing value for money especially with the half price offer currently going on, Personally I’d rather have a few of these than one overpriced Body Shop Butter! Superdrug’s body butters retail at £3.69/200ml and £1.00/50ml although as mentioned before they are currently just £1.83 for a 200ml tub.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I actually picked up a couple of TBS body butters for £3 each last week, no lie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! Which ones did you get and how?! haha xx

      Delete
    2. The Papaya and Passionfruit ones, on their website last week in their sale they had these and a couple of other 200mls for a fiver and then added a 40% off code which worked with them too! Bargain or what?! x

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for your comment lovely, after reading I wondered over to TBS website and managed to pick up a Lemon one for £3 along with a couple of eyeshadows for just £1.50 with free delivery! xx

      Delete
  2. I tried the 50ml version out for a few weeks but quickly got sick of the scent - and I'm a huge coconut lover! :O

    ATA|AllThingsAnita - please take a minute to give me some feedback on my blog! xx

    p.s. I followed you on blog lovin.. would love it if you'd follow me back! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to me! I've followed lovely xx

      Delete
  3. I've tried most of the flavors of these pots, but, unfortunately, they don't stand next to TBS for me. The formula is very paraffinn-ey and the scent annoys me after some time of use. Body Shop butters are very overpriced in my country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame they didnt work for you! I'm hopping I don't go off of them too. I think they're overpriced everywhere xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds great! Will try soon :)
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete