Friday 19 July 2013

My top five highlighters

I love a good highlight, so much so that over the past year I've gained quite a collection of them. Today I thought I'd share with you guys my favourite five which cover a whole range of prices, shades and textures. So I'm pretty sure there's something for everyone in my oversized collection.
Benefit Sunbeam  (£19.50)- I got this liquid highlighter free in a magazine and it quickly became one of my most loved products. As it is quite dark, I didn't expect to like this against my pale skin but I love it! Unlike most of my other highlighters this is a warmer toned product and just gives off a lovely sunkissed glow. You only need a few dots of this so I imagine it will last a good while yet. Although It is on the more expensive side so I think I see myself trying the me me me version before I repurchase.

Topshop Sunbeam (£10.00)- This long lasting powder gives skin a lovely glow, unlike some of my others I would say that this is more obvious on the skin which is great if you really want to enhance your features although on more natural days I'd probably give this one a miss. It looks great on the skin and pretty in your make up bag so this is worth a swatch if you're near a Topshop. 

MUA Undress your skin Highlighter (£3.00) - I think this is probably my favourite of the bunch, for such a low cost product it performs so well. Not only does this powder look great it adds a subtle glow which lasts all day. I only have a bit of an issue which the packaging which snapped pretty quickly although for just £3 it's something I can overlook. 
Chit Chat Highlighter (£1.00) - It's hard to believe how cheap this is! This liquid product is my go to natural highlight and it just gives the loveliest soft glow which really helps to enhance your features. A complete winner in my book and well worth a try!

Benefit That Gal (£22.50) - Strictly speaking this is a primer, although it can be used on top of your foundation as a highlight to give skin a subtle glow, It's not one I see myself paying £22.50 for although It's worth picking up one of these mini samples if you can as It is a lovely product.


What's your favourite highlighter? 

16 comments:

  1. I've got a few of those but I use mac vanilla pigment to highlight, it's gorgeous!
    Liza
    Glambeautys.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to look at that, I love a good highlighter! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the MUA Highlighter, i love the subtle glow it gives its so pretty!

    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try the mua highlight, it sounds so good! Beth May Blogs
    My Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty and a great price too - I think I got mine on offer for like £2 xx

      Delete
  4. I bought a mini bottle of Benefit's Sunbeam a few days back and already love it! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product, Might look out for a back up mini xx

      Delete
  5. I don't own many highlighters but I love the MUA one

    prettylittlefashionistaxxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place to start, I love it xx

      Delete
  6. I've been using 'That Gal' for years and never have I thought to use it as a highlighter, genius!
    Also, I may just have to buy the MUA highlighter too!

    www.imogentreasures.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great multi use product! Go for it, the MUA one is great! xx

      Delete
  7. I use the pound land one all the time ... Such a find x

    ReplyDelete
  8. undress me highlighter is so beautiful!

    tashfacee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete