Tuesday 13 August 2013

Bioderma Vs Loreal's micellar water

Since finally buying a bottle back in may I have been a huge Bioderma fan, so much so that over the past three months I have literally used nothing else to getting my make up off as I find it does such a fantastic job. Although I have plans to move away from London next year so I've been on the hunt for a more accessible alternative. On my latest trip to Boots I picked up Loreal's Skin Perfection 3 in 1 purifying Micellar Solution which has been considered a dupe for Bioderma by many since it's launch. To be honest from the first use of the loreal product I absolutely hated it, the only thing it has in common with Bioderma is the fact that its a clear liquid. While Bioderma seems to have no problem with removing all traces of dirt and make up from my skin the Loreal version seems to stuggle and leaves my skin feeling almost unclean after use. But the final straw came when I attempted to use the Loreal product on my eyes. While Bioderma doesn't seem to have a problem with gently breaking down my eye make up and causes me no pain, Loreal stung like hell! Although I haven't let my Loreal cleanser go completely to waste, it now lives in my bathroom as an extra step in my brush cleansing routine (you wouldn't believe just how much make up it removes from my brushes!) 

Have you tried any cleansing waters?

14 comments:

  1. ooh i don't like that loreal stings! i bought bioderma literally 10 minutes ago so now i can't wait to use it even more!

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/200-follower-giveaway-wow.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still only used half of my first bottle, It's great and lasts ages too :) xx

      Delete
  2. The Bioderma one sounds lovely! Nice post! I know, its amazing what comes out of your make up brushes when cleaning!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Even with regular cleaning its shocking how much builds up! xx

      Delete
  3. :O I was about to pick up Loreal Micellar water in ASDA the other day aswell as it was on offer for £3, but then I ended up choosing the 15 second oil or whatever it's called and it turned out crap aswell :/
    Looks like I won't be picking up a bottle of this :(

    £1 Mint Nail Polish!

    Anita @ ATA|AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gutted it wasnt as great as I thought it would be!
      I've tried that MUA polish too its lovely :) xx

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try a micellar water but not sure if I should try any cheaper versions now! I don't have sensitive skin/eyes at all but when I tried Simple's eye make up remover which stung like buggery and made me want to rip my eyes out - I fear the L'Oreal product will give me a similar experience :(

    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are some good cheaper cleansing waters for me, although sadly this wasn't more me. Shame about the simple one! xx

      Delete
  5. I have the L'Oreal and I really like it! I don't find it stings my eyes but I've never used Bioderma so I can't comment on how they compare, I don't have very sensitive eyes though so that might be why!
    xxx

    The Beauty Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that skincare is so personal, although I don't feel my eyes are overaly sensitive as I've never had an issue before xx

      Delete
  6. I love the L'Oreal Micellar Water, the Bioderma one for me is far too drying!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the L'Oreal Micellar Water for taking off make up on late nights or lazy evenings. I have never tried the Bioderma, I don't know if I could justify the price!

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good that it works for you. Personally I dont feel as if Bioderma is too expensive. I brought the bottle in the above picture back in may - and I still have loads left! xx

      Delete