Friday 16 August 2013

Melting Marshmallow moment

I've always wanted to try products from Lush, although to be honest I've often been put off by the pushy sale people in my local stores. So when I was shopping in Westfield I was sure to check the selection of products available while it was quite  busy. One of these products I ended up walking away with is this Melting Marshmallow Moment Luxury bath melt. I'm pretty much obsessed with moisturising so a product which promised to leave my skin 'silky smooth' sounded great to me. It wasn't until I was home that I realised just how amazing this smelt, according to the website it smells 'just like snow fairy' so I will be jumping on that bandwagon next year!
Unfortunately my love of this product pretty much stops with the smell. When reading the Lush website so many people claimed you could get 4+ great baths from this, although the two baths I had with a fourth of the product in were nothing special at all. If anything there was a lovely but faint smell. My final bath was with the final half of this bath melt which was admittedly better - the water turnt a slight pink shade and the smell seemed stronger although didnt last on the skin. This also claimed to be packed with oils and although on the last bath I did notice that my skin was slightly softer, I still felt the need to mostiurise afterwoods.

Overall I feel this product would be best used as a whole, although I will not be racing to spend £3.95 on a single bath anytime soon.  With that in mind I loved the scent and will be on the look out for snow fairy when it launches this year!

9 comments:

  1. I think you shop try Rock Star soap the smell lasts all day on your skin and like the marshmallow smells so sweet and amazing. I had this melt and did like it but know what you mean. Moisturising wise its not go a sweet smell but make you skin feel amazing i would say try the butterball i use a full one and its £2.35. I use it when my skin need hydrating

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll have to try them out :) xx

      Delete
  2. thats so disappointing that it doesn't last!

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a shame considering the price point xx

      Delete
  3. It's a shame that this wasn't that great, I thought it sounded amazing from the title! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing, but the product itself just didnt wow me xx

      Delete
  4. I love Lush so much but I've never tried this. It's a shame we no longer have a bath ;(
    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think your missing out on too much with this product, Although apparently they have many products with the same scent! xx

      Delete
  5. I agree, Lush are a great company when it comes to the luxury and scents of their product, but the price is just that, a luxury.

    ReplyDelete