Tuesday 14 January 2014

Hair Favourites 2013

I find that I try a lot of hair care products throughout the year, as with my long hair I finish them really quickly. This means I tend to pick up whatever is on offer to save myself a bit of money. Although there have been a few products over the past 12 months that I've really loved using and find myself picking up time and time again. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo (£2.99-3.99/200ml) - Hair wise, this has defiantly been the year of dry shampoo for me, with Batiste being my favourite brand. Previously I was scared of achieving that white hair look, although around the start of the year I discovered the blonde and light version, which has featured heavily in my empties posts ever since. However I moved on from this when I received a different type of Batiste Dry shampoo in a goodie bag, Despite not being designed for my hair and being a part of Batiste's normal line, I experienced no whiteness plus it was around a pound cheaper too which adds up over the course of a year! I just find that all Batiste's products allow me to get an extra day out of my hair, leaving it feeling fresh and clean.

Dove leave in oil spray (£3.59/200ml) - This is probably one of my all time favourite products, which scares me a little as it actually took me around a week to find a bottle of this stuff, when I finally found this I snapped up the last two on the shelf in Asda! I really hope this isn't disappearing anytime soon because this is such a wonderful product at a brilliant price point. I've tried a lot of oils since they first hit the blogosphere a couple of years back, although for me this is one of the best value ones out there. Not only does it smell incredible, it leaves my hair feeling so soft without any greasiness! I have also found a bottle of this lasts me around four months which is incredible when you consider it costs under £4!

Dove oil care Shampoo (£2.69/250ml) and Conditioner (£2.69/200ml) - This duo have featured countless times in my empties posts through out the year and are the products I find myself coming back to time and time again. No other range seems to match up to the Dove nourishing oil range, whenever I use this my hair is left well and truly nourished. I also noticed recently that when I use these my hair takes longer to get greasy, which is a blessing when your hair requires a wash as often as mine!

Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash (£12.99) - I actually got this in a beauty box and have used it ever since. It works wonders on my long hair, and I couldn't be without it now. While it may seem a little odd looking, its a great product and is the envy of all my flatmates, I've even caught one of them brushing their hair with it when it was tangled! Its just a brilliant product and worth every penny, as its something you're never going to run out of like many hair products.

What hair products did you enjoy in 2013?

11 comments:

  1. ooh i'd love to try the dove oil spray after reading this review!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks, and I've been hunting the Dove spray for a while now, but it always seems sold out :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope its just very popular, would hate if they stopped selling it! xx

      Delete
  3. Dove Oil range is gorgeous, grear for my drying hair, thoroughly recommend the hair mask in the range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite loving these products I'm yet to try that one! xx

      Delete
  4. Dove is so gentle but I've never tried the shampoo!
    Great review!

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their hair products are really worth a try xx

      Delete
  5. I've just bought the shampoo and conditioner and I am loving them. They leave my hair feeling so nice and they smell really good as well x
    Prettylittlefashionista 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that Dove scent! Just adds to my love of the product :) xx

      Delete
  6. Really cool products, is the tangle teaser worth a try?

    ReplyDelete