Friday 10 January 2014

Skincare Favourites 2013


I wanted to post my 2013 favourites a while ago, although up until a couple of days ago I found myself focusing on my first lot of exams at uni, which are thankfully over now and I'm currently enjoying time to myself! I thought showing you guys all of my favourites at once would be a little overwhelming, so have narrowed it down to four groups, including skincare, body, hair and make up. The first group I'm going to share with you is my skincare favourites (as you my have predicted from the title). I find that there a few products I will buy again when it comes to skincare, although I have repurchased almost all of the products featured here and always find myself coming back to them.

Bioderma (£14.50/500ml) - I'm not normally one to buy into overly hyped products although since buying my first bottle of this last year, I have never looked back. Although the price tag doesn't bother me as I find bottles of this last forever, I have since tried cheaper alternatives and nothing quite matches up. This is the only product that I've found that gently removes every trace of make up, and quicker than any other product I own!

St Ives Blemish Fighting Scrub (£3.99/150ml) - I'm extremely fussy when it comes to scrubs, and find that so many of the ones on the highstreet are too gentle on the skin. However this one from St Ives is one you can really feel getting to work! Personally I love it, although I'd recommend that those who prefer a gentle scrub avoid it! 
Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser (£5.99/150ml) - There's a lot of hype surrounding the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, although personally I prefer the Superdrug ones by miles! I love both the brightening one (pictured) and Vitamin E version, although If I had to pick between the pair the Vitamin E would win based on how moisturised it leaves my skin! It just so happened when it came to picking up a new one the brightening one was on offer. They're just lovely products which come at a fantastic price point and do the job extremely well, I cant help coming back to them every time!

Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins (£34.00/50ml)- I got given this at an event and have not used another night cream since, I still have a fair amount of my 30ml sample size left and I've been using it none stop since the start of September! It just leaves my skin feeling lovely and moisturised, so much so that even at £34 I would consider buying another.

Simple Soothing eye balm (£3.99/15ml) and Simple revitalising eye roll on (£5.49/15ml) - I've been using these both for some time now and have really enjoyed doing so. I cant say I suffer with dark circles, although I did notice the skin under my eyes was a little puffy so have been using these since to combat this. While I apply the eye roll on in the morning to give my eyes that 'awakened' look, I apply the eyebalm after I've cleansed my face at night to give me more intense hydration around the eye area. I think they both have a great price point too when I consider how long they have lasted me so far.

What skincare products did you love in 2013?

7 comments:

  1. I only recently started using the St Ives Scrub and its already a firm favourite and has replaced my Body Shop Seaweed facial exfoliator (although I do still sometimes use this). Great post x

    lovemake-uplovefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice post!
    I tagged you in the 'music tag' on my blog, check it out and maybe you can do it too? ♥

    itsrainingdaisies.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sources like the one you talked about right here will probably be very useful to me! I will submit a link to this web page on my blog. I am sure my guests will discover that very useful. Large thanks for the useful data i discovered on Domain Information Anyway, in my language, there arent much good supply like this.
    Free Baseball Game

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser, it's so raved about!

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete