Sunday 13 April 2014

What's in my make up bag?

Its been a good while since I've done one of these what's in my make up bag posts, although since moving to university last September, I have found my make up bag has remained the same as I've found myself pretty loyal to the same products.. Although I'm guessing this is something which will change rapidly over the summer! I've only been back at home less than 24 hours and I've already managed to get my hands on four new goodies. So without waffling on for too much longer here are the current products I have tucked away in my make up bag!
Osiris Avise BB Cream (£1.00/bodycare) - As a lover of the natural look I love a good BB cream, although this one happens to be my favourite - and the best part is it was only a pound! I find that this leaves my skin with a lovely glow natural glow to it, which is more than I can say for other pound make up products I've tried! 

Revlon Nearly Naked foundation (£8.99/Boots) - Like the BB cream, I find this feels light on the skin although offers me just a little more coverage on those days that I want to look more 'put together'. I really adore this, however due to the fact that it doesn't have a pump and I'm constantly wasting a load of it- I cant see myself buying this again anytime soon! Sometimes packaging really is key, sorry Revlon!

Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer (£6.99/Boots) - I forgot to photograph this one, although lately I've been favouring this over my eye eraser which is saying a lot! I just find the light consistency a complete dream to work with and love the way it leaves under my eyes looking!

Becca compact concealer (£4.99/Fragrance Direct) - This is £30 on the Becca website! Although luckily I snapped one up when they were under £4 over on Fragrance direct! I've always been a Collection lasting perfection kinda girl, although this completely changed me! It does an amazing job at covering any tricky blemishes and blends incredibly, Such a great find!

Bourjois universal illumining powder (£9.99) - I'll be honest and say I don't use this half as much as I should, although the lid to my favourite powder (Rimmel stay matte) has snapped in two which wasn't ideal for my 3 hour train journey home so picked this up instead. I had forgotten how much I actually liked this, despite looking awfully shimmery it gives a lovely subtle glow to my skin and steals my make up into place.
Soap & Glory Solar Powder (£11.00/Boots) - I wont be going into too much detail with this once since I dedicated a whole post to it recently here, although I will say along with the Topshop cream blush this is probably the longest standing product in my make up bag - I just cant get enough of it!

Topshop Cream blush in head over heels (£7.00/Topshop) - It seems this one has gone up in price since I brought mine, although it is still worth every single penny. I find nothing other than this blush gives my cheeks a beautiful natural looking glow on a daily basis, how I still haven't reviewed this is beyond me! Although I suspect this will be one of my first reviews once my exams are over!

Benefit watts up (£24.50/Benefit) - I got this in one of benefits little kits around Christmas and have been trying it out ever since. Would I spend nearly £25 on it? Never, although it is a lovely product and I will continue to use it until the sample runs out!
Maybelline the Rocket Volum' express (£7.99/Boots) - To be quite honest I've never been a fan of Maybelline mascaras, while they leave my lashes looking good they constantly smudge on me! Although that all changed when I tired this one out, not only does it leave my eyes smudge free I love the way it leaves my lashes!

Mua clear mascara (£1.00/Superdrug) - I always use clear mascaras as brow gel and this pound one from MUA does the trick! Although looking at the state of it, i think I'm in need of a replacement!

Loreal Glam shine in sin for peach (£6.99/Boots) - I picked this up a while ago although its only recently made its way into my make up bag. I really like how moisturising it is and the shade on my lips. Again this is another product that I'm hoping to review soon!

Benefit Lady's choice lipstick - I was given this lipstick from my Nan a while back, although it was pretty much love at first sight! I just love the way the colour looks against my skintone and would consider buying another if it every runs out.
What's currently in your make up bag?

2 comments:

  1. That BB cream sounds amazing especially for a pound! Great post as usual :)

    itsrainingdaisies.blogspot

    ReplyDelete