Saturday 12 July 2014

The dry shampoo round up

I'm a massive fan of dry shampoo, so figured today I would share with you the current ones in my collection. The first product I have is from a brand I always seem to have in my stash, Batiste (£2.99/200ml), up until recently Batiste were the only brand which I felt worked for my hair. For me Batiste just really helps get rid of any grease really effectively and makes hair which is in a need of a good wash last and extra day. They also have an amazing range of scents/colours meaning there really is something for everyone! I tend to switch it up every time I buy from them and find they all work as well as each other! While I really love the whole Batiste  range and they do a wonderful job of tackling grease, I've found they have never given me that voluminous 'just washed' look which has lead me reaching for other dry shampoos. 
The first one I tried on my search was this Dove hair therapy refresh + care dry shampoo (£4.59/200ml), I'm a massive fan of Dove hair care and had read so many rave reviews on this stuff so expected to love it, although to be honest it literally did nothing for my hair and I was left so disappointed.. My flatmate also tried this and also found the same thing as me. It's safe to say at nearly a fiver I wont be picking this one up again! My most recent dry shampoo purchase is this Vo5 Plump it up dry shampoo (£3.59/200ml) designed for fine, flat or oily hair, I believe there are two in the range although this seemed like the most appropriate for my hair type. I hadn't read much on this so I didn't know what to expect, although to be honest it took me buy complete surprise! With this I find that my hair actually looks like its just been washed, as apposed to the non greasy but limp look I get with Batiste. Whats also great about this is if you massage your roots throughout the day you can continue to build volume if you're in need of a boost! It's just an amazing all-rounder in my book!

Whats your favourite dry shampoo?

11 comments:

  1. So good to hear an honest review of the Dove one, I think Batiste will always be my fave I know people moan about white bits but if you spray it from a distance you genuinely don't notice and this is coming from someone with black hair :) xx

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a coloured one that is amazing if you have an issue with the white bits! xx

      Delete
  2. Bastiste is a fav of mine, but I will definitely take a look at the VO5- great review!

    Cat from Outsidebeautyinsidehealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth a try, especially when its on offer! x

      Delete
  3. I find that Batiste does the same to my hair, its a good product and I will always have a soft spot for it, but the VO5 looks really good! I also want to try one by Charles Worthington... and also the Oribe Spray too (when I can afford it!). Great post!

    http://stylewithgracie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo, I may have to look into those dry shampoos too! Thanks lovely :) x

      Delete
  4. They have a great range of products! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Battiste, but Bumble & Bumble powder dry shampoo is the best! Comes in colors to match your hair, and has a great smell. It is a bit on the pricey side, but since it's a powder, lasts much longer than the sprays. I've had my tube for over a year, which I cannot say for my aerosol dry shampoos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comment lovely, I may have to look into that one :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love the Vo5 plump it up one, its definitely over taken Batiste in the one I reach for just because it gives me the volume I need.
    Beth x
    mermaidindisguise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have oily and dry hair.which best of dry shampoo i used.???please give me proper solution

    ReplyDelete