Friday 7 August 2015

It's all about matte!

how to achive matte skin
While I love faking glowy skin with my make up, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. So today I'm focusing on ways to achieve the matte skin look on a budget. Achieving that matte look isn't just about slapping on plenty of powder, in fact there are a range of other ways to help keep oily skin at bay throughout the day.

 There's a common misconception in that moisturising leaves you oilier however there are many lotions on the market designed to combat oiliness like the one above from my skin. Correctly preoping your skin in such a way can really go a long way in making this look last, another way you can prep your skin, is by using a matte primer, There a bunch of these floating around on the highstreet, although one of my favourites happens to me Maybelline's Babyskin which also aims to combat pores at the same time.

Although its not just skincare you should be tailoring to your skintype, in fact there are many makeup products such as foundation designed with oily skin in mind! Take this 'all about matt' oil-free make up from Essence* for example, which aims to cover imperfections without adding any further oils to the skin! Of course it goes without saying that a good setting power can really help in creating that matte look. However I like to treat this with a 'less is more' approach and simply apply powder in the areas I feel the need for extra protection, such as my T Zone.

 Finally for those of you that hate that over powdered look or simply want a quick way to maintain this look on the go, blotting papers could be the ideal solution. Not only are they a great way to get rid of any excess oil before applying your make up, they can be used over it to blot away oil throughout the day.

So there you have it, a few ways I've discovered to keep that matte look throughout the day. I asked for your tips on twitter and here are a couple I received. said 'stay matte balms, blotting paper and anti-shine powders are a must' for her and   added 'Using products that are oil free!' can really help. What are your favourite tops for achieving that matte look?

4 comments:

  1. I agree. blotting paper us a must. I like using a high quality powder, a good primer and my Infallible matte foundation by L'oreal :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a huge blotting paper user until recently and then I was introduced to License to Blot from Benefit and it is brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of tips! Have you seen the new 'Beauty Blender Blotterazzi'? I'm dying to give it a go.. it's a piece of sponge you keep in a little case for blotting, and it looks amazing as you simply just wash it and it's as good as new :O! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, definitely oil free products, primer and powder as well as blotting paper! I've just recently got an Urban Decay setting spray to help control my oily skin too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete