Monday 1 July 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

In the past I've raved about my MUA pressed powder, but after a while I found that it was beginning to look orange on me and since I used the lightest shade anyway It was time to find an alternative powder to set my make up with. There aren't many bloggers out there who haven't raved about Rimmel's stay matte powder, so when it came to picking a new one this was my first choice. Not only was it cheap and cheerful at just £3.99, it also comes it a transparent shade which is perfect for someone who doesn't want to add any extra coverage or colour to their face. I find that this looks really natural on and seems to keep my make up in place for longer without looking cakey, although It's worth noting that I have normal skin and I'm not too sure how it would work on those with oily/dry skin. The only thing that annoys me a little is the packaging while its really practical the plastic top isn't exactly the strongest material in the world and I already seem to have a few cracks after just two weeks. But overall I think this is a wonderful product and one well worth considering if you're in the market for a new pressed powder. In other news I just joined She Said Beauty and would love if you could come follow me on there since I'm pretty clueless about what I'm doing!

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I used to use Clinque's powder, then I picked this up in an emergency and I've never used anything else since.

    They've changed the powder design? I'm sure its normally just plain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, especially when you consider the price! I think they have I'm yet to see another with the print on xx

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this! I thought that the 17 Shine Control was my holy grail powder but after having used this I realised that this is by far the best powder I have tried so far :) I haven't had any problems with the packaging yet, but then I haven't travelled that much this year so I will make sure I watch out for this! Great review :) x

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hoping that the lid doesn't completely snap, although I's probably worth noting that this survived in my hold luggage on the plane xx

      Delete
  3. I loved this!
    I'll be happy if you check out my blog too=)

    ReplyDelete